Thursday 23 February 2012

A Day of Rock and Water

Tomorrow is a day of one part for two Rangers.  I will be heading across Loch Lomond from Ardlui with four volunteers to continue with an ongoing maintenance programme on the West Highland Way.  Our usual boat a Pioner is in for repairs and safety checks, so I'll be commandeering the local ferry to take us - well, I'm not sure yet! Somewhere that it can land us, which is not too far away from Doune Bothy.

I'll be looking at/for the sun, while my four charges clear cross drains and water bars and much as I dislike wearing wellies, I'll take mine along so I can get stuck in too.  Last time I just wore steel toe capped boots and so I rather gingerly had to deep from on high - digging out a drainage ditch a foot below ground level, while standing on the level ground.  Last time was wet!  Tomorrow though the forecast looks ok (look quick though or else you'll be into next week).

Gilbert will be on Conic Hill with just 1 other, doing god knows what to the WHW path there - trying to eke out some dregs of life in it I expect, after the, at least, 30,000 pairs of feet that trudged their way up and down it last year alone.

i think we're both looking forward to our time away for the day though.  Will I remember my camera?

No comments:

Post a Comment